Happy Monday Sweet Friend!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for another great week studying SEEK. I spoke at a conference in Boston this weekend, so I’m probably a little jet lagged today. Maybe you’re feeling “not quite with it” today either. If so, we’ll be especially glad to focus on Jesus and learning all about the Holy Spirit in the next few days. You’ll want to make sure you read all of chapter four which discusses the Holy Spirit; a woman who works for a large Christian publishing company told me this chapter helped her understand more about the Holy Spirit than anything she’s ever read. I hope that doesn’t sound like I’m tooting my own horn: it’s just that I really don’t want you to miss something that might make a light bulb go on for you this week.
This week the details are easy.
1. Read Chapters Three and Four
2. Do the lesson at the end of each chapter. These are longer, like chapter two of last week, so give yourself plenty of time or do the abbreviated Bible study for chapters 3 and 4 that I’ve included below.
One helpful note if you are new to Bible study: when answering the questions don’t make it complicated. The answer is often exactly what the verse says, so you can usually simply write the verse verbatim or summarize it in your own words. Don’t try to look for a hidden or super-spiritual answer. You’ll find that the Bible pretty much says what it means, so feel free to keep it simple:)!
3. Submit any questions or comments to me on the Seek-A Woman’s Guide to Meeting God Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/seekmeetinggod).
4. For further teaching on each chapter, you can check out the free teaching videos at www.seekmeetinggod.com/companion-videos.
That’s it! Enjoy the video!
Bible Study Questions for Chapter Three: Shortened Version
1. What do these scriptures teach you about the way Jesus viewed people and how he treated people?(from pages 73-74)
2. Look up the following verses and write down the phrase that indicates Jesus’ deity (deity is the state or nature of God) pages 74-75.
3. John 1 reveals Jesus’ divine nature in a unique manner. Read John 1:1-3 and answer the following questions. These questions are quick but important, so don’t skip them! (page 75)
Who was in the beginning?
In the beginning, who was the Word with?
In the beginning, who was the Word?
Now look at John 1:14. What did the Word do?
According to John 1:13 & 141, who is the Word?
Write down any new insights you gained about Jesus.
4. According to John 3:16-17, why did Jesus come into the world? (page 77)
5. Read the following verses and answer why Jesus died on the cross (page 77)
6. What happened to Jesus after his death according to 1 Corinthians 15:3-8? (page 78)
Where there any eyewitnesses to Jesus’ resurrection? If so, how many (at least)?
7. Read John 11:25-26. What is the significance of Jesus’ resurrection? (page 78)
Bible Study Questions for Chapter Four: Shortened Version
1. Who is the Holy Spirit? Write down everything John 14:26 teaches about the Holy Spirit (page 93-94).
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, along with the Father and the Son. It’s been said that God the Father initiates salvation, God the Son accomplishes salvation and God the Spirit applies salvation.
2. What does Ephesians 1:17-18 say about how the Holy Spirit helps us meet God (page 93)?
3. According to Ephesians 1:13 when do you receive the Holy Spirit into your life (page 93)?
4. Look up the following verses and note how the Holy Spirit helps us in our daily lives( pages 96-97):
Which of the works of the Holy Spirit is most meaningful to you and why?